Liberecká výšina Lookout Tower

The romantic observation tower with a restaurant resembling a medieval castle was built by Heinrich Liebieg.

Josef Schmitz and Jakob Schmeissner were the authors of the project. The building which was realised by Anton Worf in the years 1900-1901 incorporated building material from demolished Nuremberg buildings in order to intensify the illusion of the medieval times. 

The building had all the features of a knight's manor. The building had to be accessed through a bridge which arched over an imaginary castle ditch. The stone gate set in the fortification walls with the guardhouse led to the courtyard with a well and winch. The massive tower dominated the small castle and extended into a palace with a high gabled roof and a balcony facing the courtyard. 

After a strenuous reconstruction which was completed in 2013 the building serves its purpose again.

Login Cookies