Church of St. Barbara, Zahrádky

Sacrial Monuments: Church

Zahradky

Zahrádky, 471 01

St. Barbara`s Church is situated south-east of Zahrádky.

The original Renaissance-style building with the ground plan of a Latin cross was created around 1550. Later it received Baroque-style adjustments. The church houses the sepulchre of the Kounic family. The nearby belfry bears the date of 1609 above the portal. The church is surrounded by a cemetery whose stairs are guarded by Baroque statues of St. Václav and St. Prokop from the early 18th century and a nearby statue of Jude the Apostle from the same period. The church is the only remnant of the village of Mnichov, which perished during the Thirty Years War.

Login